April 29, 2009

Personal Experience: "Simple Trick for Booking a Confirmed Train Ticket"



When we are away from home, we just wait for long weekends to come so that we can plan to go home. Train is generally the comfortable travel medium which many of us follow. This article is mainly helpful for those who want to book a train ticket in peak seasons.

I have named it as "break journey concept". Here you need to book tickets from one station to aother in parts but for the same train. Many might be wondering how it can be possible? here is how it can be possible.

Let me first explain my experience as to how it happened to me:

I didnt plan beforehand for my long weekend on may day, which falls on 1st of may,2009 that's on friday. As a result all the train's 'ticket booking status' was in waiting list (W/L). I was in a dilema whether to cancel my trip this time or not, as getting a ticket in tatkal is highly impossible. Was searching for other ways of booking ticket, then "break journey concept" came to my mind.

This is what i did:

I had to travel from Bangalore to Hyderabad. My Options were:

Train No:Train NameAvailability Status
2786Bangalore Express323 W/L
7604Yeshwantpur Express150 W/L
Gareebrath Doesnt Operate on thursday


As 30th April (my supposed travel date) falls on thursday there was no gareeb rath express (which is another option on friday's).

I checked the complete schedule for Bangalore Express (Train no 2786).

First checked availability from yelahanka to hyderabad, it was the same waiting list. Further checked for the consecuitve stations till hyderabad, status of waiting list changed from dharmavaram. From dharmavaram to hyderabad, status was 38 waiting list.... (This is because there will be RPWL (Regional pooled waiting list) for specific stations). Since it was the primary train (2786) waiting list getting confirmed was impossible.

Next option was Yeshwantput Express (Train no 7604).

Followed the same procedure, from Yeshwantpur to Hyderabad status was 150 Waiting List. Where as when i checked from Yeshwantpur to Dharmavaram status was 108 available and from Dharmavaram to Hyderabad it was 65 available for the same train.

I went ahead and booked the tickets. First ticket was in S1 coach and Second ticket was in S4 coach. As it is the same train shifting coaches is not a big deal. More over i need to shift the coach at 7 pm which is very fine. Last but not the least the fare, it costed me 40 rs extra which is nominal charge instead of paying 150 for tatkal. So this trick helped me plan my long weekend successfully.

If you liked it you can also give it a try. If are'nt clear about this, please mail me at @ rahamat_234@yahoo.com or can call me directly @ 919886441436 for further clarifications.

No comments: